The Sister Moses Project
DESERT DANCE THEATRE IS SEEKING TRAINED
DANCERS AND EXTRAS FOR PERFORMANCES AT
HUSTON-TILLOTSON UNIVERSITY ON FEB 7 & 8, 2020 @ 7:30 pm
AUDITIONS: Mon, December 2nd @ 6-9 pm
REHEARSALS: Tues – Fri, December 3rd – 6th @ 6-9 pm
Sat, December 7th @ 9:30am-4pm
Sun, December 8th @ 2pm-6pm
- Please complete online application at SisterMosesDance.org website link “Get Involved/Audition.” Experience and schedule availability are the priority but measurements are very helpful, if possible.
- Attach a headshot for all and a video link if you apply as a dancer.
- If interested, please provide application ASAP! We will confirm receipt and review your application/photos/videos (studio shots are fine).
- We will provide further details when we invite you to audition. Please note, you must also be available for the remainder of the week-long intensive to learn the choreography, if chosen. (Rehearsals may even begin for some the same evening as the audition.)
- Lisa Chow, Artistic Director of Desert Dance Theatre, will be here from Phoenix to conduct the auditions and rehearsals. After the choreography is set, weekly review rehearsals will continue with Renee Davis, Associate Artistic Director up until performances.
- Volunteer roles will only need rehearsals during the week of the show or possibly no more than 7-10 days ahead of production week.
Thank you for your interest in helping us tell the incredible story of Harriet Tubman as we literally bring history to life on stage for our audiences! Our production was designed with a limited number of roles in specific sections for local performers of all ages and technical training to perform alongside Desert Dance Theatre. Dance roles will require the longer commitment of rehearsal time and will include a minimal stipend. The volunteer student and adult walk on roles require acting ability and as few as 3 hours of rehearsal in addition to the mandatory production week schedule of rehearsals and performances in February.
We consider each and every role, whether small or large, to be invaluable in portraying the history in an accurate way so we operate on the philosophy that there are “NO STARS” in this show. As mentioned above, we are only able to work with a limited number of performers due to costume availability so we appreciate the time you take to adhere to our process as listed above.
We look forward to meeting you and hope that your experience with Sister Moses will be as fun and deeply meaningful as we have enjoyed over our past 27 years of performances! Please contact me if you have further questions.
Renee Davis, Project Director
THE SISTER MOSES PROJECT
The Sister Moses Project
Production: Sister Moses: The Story of Harriet Tubman Show Dates: _February 7 & 8, 2020 @ 7:30 pm_